Brain injury rehabilitation is a type of therapy designed to help victims relearn the skills they lost due to a brain injury. People with traumatic brain injuries often experience motor skill problems, emotional problems, communication, and cognitive problems.
Types of Brain Injury Rehabilitation
Rehabilitation can take many different forms (depending on the severity of the TBI and the skills the victim is trying to relearn). Some of the forms of brain injury rehabilitation include:
- Speech therapy
- Physical therapy
Why is brain injury rehabilitation so vital?
Victims of traumatic brain injury can benefit from rehabilitation in the following ways:
- Relearn how to manage at home and complete basic daily tasks independently.
- Show appropriate emotional responses and interact normally with people.
- Treat cognitive conditions caused by traumatic brain injury.
- In addition to being beneficial, TBI rehabilitation can also help prevent certain complications that could occur due to the injury.
Some potential complications that TBI rehabilitation can prevent include:
- Blood clots
- Pain and discomfort
- Respiratory problems
- Bowel or bladder problems
- Muscular weakness
What should I do if I have suffered a traumatic brain injury?
If you’ve recently been the victim of a traumatic brain injury, here are some things to do as soon as possible.
- Visit the doctor and obtain medical documentation of your TBI
- Get a traumatic brain injury lawyer to fight for you
- Find a Traumatic Brain Injury Rehabilitation Program to Help You With Recovery
- Make time for recovery – Take time off from work and hobbies to allow your body to recover
Do I need legal help during my recovery?
If you or a loved one has recently suffered a traumatic brain injury, get the legal assistance you deserve by contacting the Thorson Law Group.